The main purpose of the conference was to summarize knowledge on FGM/C in Norway under the current action plan. What have we learned from research and from the practice field? Are there any gaps in our knowledge? What new knowledge are necessary for further work?
The specific objective of the conference was to explore how we can use the existing knowledge to:
- change attitudes towards FGM/C
- ensure the provision of necessary physical and mental healthcare
- ensure equitable services
- promote better cooperation within the public services
- ensure user participation
The structure of the conference was a combination of research-based presentations as well as lessons learned from the practice field and the user groups. There were 33 presentations in total.
More information are available at the conference website (www.nocut.info). Presentations from the conference were shared as pdf * Files with the 130 conference participants.